Maidenhair Vine, Wireplant
- Lighting Indoor Muehlenbeckia complexa does best on part sunny to full sunny spots. If placed in the garden or on the balcony a light shaded place with only a few sunrays per day is also fine.
- Soil Regular mixes for container plants, vegetables or herbs can be used.
- Watering Let the soil moderately dry between the waterings. 75 % of the pots height. Reduce watering if placed cool during winter. Avoid overwatering or drying out.
- Feeding When in active growth with standard liquid fertilizer (monthly), spikes or granules (2 to 3 monthly).
New bought or recently repotted plants don’t need to be fed for the first year.
- Temperature Maidenhair Vine can either be grown warm the year round or given a winter rest period with a minimum of 1 °C (34 °F).
- Propagation Cuttings – there should be at least 3 leaves on each cutting.
Muehlenbeckia complexa is not hardy but can tolerate short frosty periods with -5 °C (23 °F).
- Scientific name
- Common name(s)
Maidenhair Vine, Wireplant, Creeping Wire Vine and others
Shoots can reach up to 30 cm in length
- Toxic No but not edible.